Monday, October 10, 2011

GartArt

We are being visited by the artist Nicholas of GartArt. He is new to psp community and I thought
a perfect artist to feature on the blog. After all we are always looking for talented new artists to use in our
tags.  You can find his website here. His psp tubes are for sale at UYA
Nicholas does cute & sexy pinup style artwork.
Thank you for stopping by today Nicholas.









1) How did you become a part of the psp tube community?

To be honest, I never heard of the PSP tube community until I was approached by Raps from UpYourArt. We had a long chat via phone
and she explained everything to me, I was impressed by the whole thing.



2) What does your artwork mean to you?

Ever since I was a very small child I was drawing and painting, my mother says I was born with a paint brush in my hand lol! It has been a
huge part of who I am and really the only thing I am good at besides sports! I couldn't imagine myself without it as creativity is a bit of an obsession
to me and have more ideas than time too!



3) What inspires you in creating your artwork?

Often just everyday things! I might see a nice Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the lights when driving for example, and from there I would think of a Pinup theme , then the
pose and the model that would suit the idea best, then everything evolves from there. Also Movies are a huge inspiration for me too as they get my imagination going.



4) How long have you been selling psp tubes?

Only a couple of months now as i am new to the whole thing.



5) How do you create your artwork? Is it by hand or digitally? What tools do you use in doing the artwork?

Both by hand and digital! I always start of with a hand drawing, I scan it then render it in Photoshop. I am traditionally trained in various mediums including Airbrush as well. I have
only been doing digital work for the last five years, I was originally reluctant to change from traditional methods to digital painting but now I never look back
as I enjoy the process so much more using Photoshop etc. I have a batch of old hand paintings I have never shown that I am currently refining in Photoshop, It won't be long before
I post them.


6)Aside from psp tubes, what else do you create
with your artwork?

A number of things! I earn a bit of money creating logos etc but My passion is Fantasy and comics, so I want to steer more in that direction more than Pinup Art, I also love Children's book Illustration as well. I do alot of caricature and Cartoon drawings too. I am currently also developing my own comic style of drawing, hopefully it won't take too long for me to get it right.



7) As you have developed your style and artwork, which artists
have influenced you?

There is a number of Artists that Influenced the way I developed. "Al williamson" who is the comic artist that created the art for the Star Wars Movie comic Adaptations back in the late 70's and early 80's was my first influence, I was a big Star wars fan as a child and spent hours drawing the different Characters, I loved his realistic style of drawing.  "Mort Drucker" is another huge inspiration to me, he is a Caricature Artist that is best known for his work in Mad Magazine, he very much influenced my style of caricatues and cartoons. And also "Boris vallejo", His work is amazing, definately my favourite Fantasy Artist. That is just to name a few as I have admiration for alot of Artists out there.



8) Does the psp community help artists become more well known
with getting their names and artwork more visible?

Considering the short time I have been involved with the community and the amount of exposure I have had, I would definately say it is a great help.



9) What do you enjoy the most about being part of the psp community?

I have to say the community, I have got aquainted with some nice people and have been able to showcase my work to a group of enthusiastic creative people.

No comments:

Post a Comment